How can churches get involved?
There are plenty of ways to get involved. Resources are available on each highlighted topic for pastors, small group leaders and individuals by clicking on the Topic Tiles below. Scroll down to download some general resources for the week. More resources are available on the Introduction page.
- FOCUS WEEK – You could choose to join with the BUV in a focus week – either in September, or at another time.
- PLAN A JUSTICE SERIES – Use the information and resources in topic tiles to prepare your service each week.
- DEVOTION AND SMALL GROUP GUIDES – A devotion is available for each topic and a Justice Small Group Guide can be used for the week.
- Encourage your church congregation members to connect to the BUV social media (FB, Inst) to receive the daily videos and devotions or connect with the J&A website pages
Download Church resources
- SERMON SERIES – You could choose to do a sermon series on Justice and focus on 1 issue each week using our videos on each topic as a sermon introduction. An introductory sermon example has also been prepared. Download Introductory Sermon Guide
- SMALL GROUP GUIDE – You could encourage your small groups to use the small group guide to think further about the posture for and spiritual practices required to be a church involved in justice and advocacy issues. Download Small Group Guide here
- DEVOTIONS– You could send the daily devotion series to all church members as a way to engage with the spotlighted issues. These can be found on each topic page – or you can share our social media posts in the J&A Week.
We’d love you to let us know if you participate in Justice and Advocacy Week – click here to let us know you have participated and / or to provide feedback