Emerging Leaders Training Program
The Emerging Leaders Mentor Training (ELMT) is a multi-dimensional model of leadership development provided through the process of Mentor training, Mentor/Mentoree relationships and Communities of Practice for the purpose of empowering young Christian leaders between the ages of 18 to 30 who are showing leadership potential.
The training of both Emerging Leaders and Mentors is a key component which maximizes outcomes for all participants and seeks to provide an ongoing a mentoring network.
This training opportunity is being offered by the Baptist Union of Victoria office and is best suited for:
• Young leaders who are currently serving/leading or planning to serve, at church, in the community, workplace or university and who are interested in developing their leadership skills.
• Mentors who are currently mentoring or potential Mentors available to mentor a young leader and who are interested in taking their mentoring skills to the next level.
FEATURES OF THE TRAINING
During a period of 12 months ALL participants, i.e. Emerging Leaders (Mentorees) and Mentors will:
• Participate in four (4) full day mentor training sessions
• Commit to monthly Mentor/Mentoree catch ups
ALL Emerging Leaders will:
• Benefit from online Communities of Practice meetings which will be paced appropriately between the mentor training sessions
• Have opportunity to consider Christian leadership development courses
• Continue to serve in their church, community, workplace or university
If your church already has a number of Emerging Leaders and/or Mentors who would benefit from the training you may like to host the training at your church. Simply contact Kimberly Smith to discuss possible training dates and locations.