Creating Safe Spaces
We are pleased to announce our Safe Church training partnership with the Baptist Association of NSW & ACT. Creating Safe Spaces (CSS) replaces the previous six-hour in-person Safe Church Awareness and Refresher Workshops (SCAW).
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE CREATING SAFE SPACES TRAINING?
- Definitions of Abuse, Reporting Obligations, Risk Management and embedded Safe Church Practices
- Duty of care, positional power, transparency and accountability
- Protecting vulnerable people including children, at risk of harm – definitions, indicators and response procedures
WHO IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE CREATING SAFE SPACES?
Creating Safe Spaces is helpful for anyone but if you hold a particular position or role (paid or volunteer) in a BUV Church you are required to attend appropriate training, such as a Creating Safe Spaces Training every 3 Years.
- Children and Youth Coordinators
- Children’s and Youth Team Members * if you have team members who are under 18 please contact our Safe Church Consultant email@example.com
- Ministry Coordinators eg. Prayer, Worship, Seniors, Community Care etc
- Safe Church team members
- Anyone working with vulnerable adults
Please note that this online training course contains material that can be confronting. If you think this may prove to be too difficult for you, please contact your Pastor or other trusted church leader for support and to discuss a safe way for you to receive this information.
HOW IS THE TRAINING DELIVERED?
The Creating Safe Spaces training is divided into two sections:
1. The Online Module. Participants complete an online module at a time that suits them, taking approximately 2.5 hours. The online training will save your progress automatically so you can return to your course at any time (see below). This must be completed prior to attending the workshop. Please contact your church administrator if you do not have access to a computer and/or internet to complete the course.
2. The Workshop. Participants attend a three-hour workshop, which involves small group discussions of topics covered in the online module and workshop. This may be via Zoom or in person. There will be a number of workshop times offered, covering a ranges of days and times, to improve accessibility.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE COURSE?
The cost of the complete course is $35 per person. You will require a credit card at the time of booking.
HOW DO YOU REGISTER FOR A COURSE?
Click the button “New Registration: Register for a Workshop” to view all our currently available workshop dates, please note we are continually adding dates to this page.
Participants must register for a Workshop and the confirmation email will have all the details for both the workshop and how to access the online module. The online module requires each participant to have their own email address. Please note that by registering for the workshop you will be sent a COUPON Code that gives you access to the online course
ALREADY STARTED YOUR ONLINE TRAINING?
The online training will save your progress automatically so you can return to your course at any time. If you have started your online training and would like to return to the online course at any time please Click here to return to your online training module this will take you back into your course and you can start where you left off
If you experience technical difficulties or need assistance booking workshops, please contact the Comms team
QUESTIONS REGARDING SAFE CHURCH?
If you have questions regarding the workshop content or other Safe Church matters, please contact our Safe Church Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All leaders involved with Safe Church matters are welcome to join the “BUV Safe Church” Facebook group