Pastoral Leadership Support & Development
The Pastoral Leadership Support & Development team’s aim is to support and develop healthy pastoral leaders and empower them to lead their churches in mission.
The team seeks to:
- Encourage all BUV pastors to have strong support networks so that their ministry is sustainable and life-giving;
- Encourage all BUV pastors to be engaged in developing their skills and capacities in pastoral leadership;
- Empower the equipping of pastors for leadership in ways that are missional and contemporary;
- Provide a ‘first port of call’ for pastors and churches in times of transition and crisis;
- Provide oversight of Marriage Licences, Professional Development Plans, and the discernment processes of candidates for ordained pastoral leadership.