An intentional leadership development pathway for emerging leaders, in partnership with local churches or agencies.
Who is an emerging leader?
Someone under 35, actively leading/serving in a church or community, affirmed by others to have leadership potential and/or is keen to develop their leadership capacity.
Participants commit to …
- A 1-year pathway from Feb to Dec.
- An initial overnight retreat (Feb) and monthly gatherings for input, encouragement, accountability and peer mentoring.
- A curriculum that includes modules and reading about leading self, leading others, leading organizations/initiatives and leading and living missionally.
- Actively serving in a leadership role in church or community.
- Being coached monthly.
- $330 (in 2020) +booking fee paid by participant and/or sponsoring body.
- Purchase of books and resources
- Registration for Global Leadership Summit
Applications and more details for 2021 will be available in November, 2020 and close on January 31, 2021
Applicants will be interviewed and references sought before acceptance into pathway.
Next Steps in Leadership
A resource/training experience for leaders, specifically aimed at …
- Partnering with churches, and clusters of churches, to value and prioritise leadership development.
- Being a resource in helping leaders in local churches to take a next step in the development of their character and leadership skills.
Leaders or aspiring leaders are invited to participate in leadership development evenings either via Zoom or in person and if in person over a light meal.
- $10-15 per person/per night if in person.
- $0 if via Zoom
- Developing as an authentic leader
- Emotional Intelligence: Understanding yourself and relating to others
- Facilitating growth in others: Developing a coaching culture
- Crucial Conversations: Moments of disproportionate influence
- Sharpening our missional life: Blessing others wherever we are and whatever we are doing
- Building Resilience: Making the most of crucible experiences
- Growing as a Communicator personally and publicly
Check the following link for some feedback about Next Steps https://www.facebook.com/kimberly.smith.39108297/videos/10159056082903881
Final Next Steps for 2020
Oct 21: Mobilizing Volunteers and Building TeamsRegister for Emerge Next Steps
Bill is a Pastoral Coach with the Baptist Union of Victoria and 3 days/week seeks to help develop missional emerging leaders as well as encouraging and supporting the pastors of the larger churches. He is also Pastor Emeritus of the Syndal Baptist Church where he is employed a day a week in a pastoral role and with whom he also served as Senior Pastor for almost 33 years until mid-2019 and associate pastor for almost 10 years prior to that. He is married to Julia, has 4 adult children and 8 grandchildren. Before being a pastor, Bill was a secondary school maths teacher. He enjoys sport, especially cricket and football, gardening, reading and music as well as spending time with family and friends.